About the Firm
Experienced Santa Barbara Injury Lawyer Assists Accident Victims
California firm seeks compensation for people in auto and cycling crashes
Whether you’ve been hurt in a car crash, a bicycle accident or another type of incident triggered by someone else’s negligence, you deserve an experienced lawyer who will assert your rights effectively. At my Santa Barbara firm, Brian K. O’Connor & Associates, I have recovered more than $20 million for injured Californians. My firm handles a full range of personal injury actions, relying on more than 30 years of courtroom experience that includes successful jury verdicts in more than 45 trials. In lawsuits arising from vehicle collisions, falls, medical malpractice and other instances in which my clients are harmed, I will seek maximum compensation from the liable parties.
Proficient trial attorney works to hold negligent parties accountable
Since 1987, my firm has worked on behalf of accident victims and others who have suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence or intentional conduct. Clients in Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo counties rely on the firm because of my:
- Community reputation — As a Deputy District Attorney in Riverside County, a liability defense lawyer and now in my practice representing injury victims, I have earned a reputation for providing insightful, effective advocacy.
- Litigation skills — There is no substitute for courtroom experience. Though many cases are settled before trial, my courtroom ability ensures that plaintiffs won’t be pressured into an unfair result.
- Focus on winning — Regardless of the specific circumstances or forum, I am dedicated to achieving the best possible result so that people who have been hurt collect the funds they need to cover medical expenses, lost income and other effects of their injury.
In a free initial consultation, I will review your situation thoroughly and outline what type of financial recovery is available under the law.
Areas of Practice
Reputable advocate represents people harmed by falls and malpractice
Throughout the greater Santa Barbara area, my firm advocates for plaintiffs in cases involving:
- Personal injury — In a full array of personal injury actions, I develop the strongest possible arguments for clients who have been hurt because someone else didn’t take reasonable care. In addition to representing victims of vehicle accidents, my firm also handles clients injured by slip and fall incidents, dog bites and nursing home abuse.
- Auto accidents — After an auto accident, dealing with the physical and financial effects of the crash can be overwhelming. I guide clients through insurance issues, settlement negotiations and litigation, if necessary.
- Cycling accidents — The natural beauty of our area makes it a haven for bicycle riders, but cycling accidents can trigger serious harm, including broken bones and traumatic brain injuries. As an avid cyclist and a sponsor of the Santa Ynez Valley Cycling Club and Team, I understand that car drivers don’t always respect cyclists’ road rights, and I am prepared to pursue legal relief for cyclists injured by cars.
- Medical malpractice — If your condition was made worse due to medical malpractice, I have the experience, resources and network of experts to litigate complex claims arising from birth injuries, surgical errors and other violations of professional standards.
- Wrongful death — My firm represents surviving loved ones in wrongful death actions so that bereaved family members can obtain reimbursement of final expenses, unearned wages and other damages from the people and businesses responsible for untimely fatalities.
Defendants and insurance companies try to push accident victims into quick settlements that don’t cover the full extent of their harm. A seasoned litigator will help you understand what your claim is truly worth.
Contact an accomplished Santa Barbara accident attorney for a free consultation.
Brian K. O’Connor & Associates represents Californians who have been injured in car, bicycle and motorcycle accidents as well as other incidents triggered by someone else’s negligence. Please call 805-695-3531 or contact me online
for a free consultation. My office is in Santa Barbara.